Cannot believe this is the 10th year that I have been doing December Daily! I need to also rearrange my bookshelf to accommodate this latest album. As always, this has been one of the “event” I look forward to every year. Putting all the Christmas-y goodies into an album has been fun. I just love the glittery magic of it all.
Anyways, a few things I want to share on what I have found to what has worked for me to be able to finish this within December.
- I use handwriting as much as possible – I found that sometimes typing out and laying out texts takes more time and then I end up overthinking the whole process
- I try to collect and add some daily bits and pieces to fill space – this adds dimension to the pages and an addition of real life
- I try not to overthink – I’ve simplified my pages on some days just to get it done otherwise this can drag on
- I have all my December/Christmas-y stuff in one container so I don’t have to go looking for them and wasting time. Occasionally I do look elsewhere to augment the elements on the page ie sprays (mists), stamps (I don’t limit to the December stamps) and some embellishments
- Improvise when needed – I try to find alternative ways of putting the story down when I don’t have enough photos or material which is what I did on Day 6, using a transparency page
Without further ado, here are some of the pages from my 2018 album.
Thank you for stopping by.